Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cold Spring on just a cool day

Just a sampling of some of the colors we saw in Cold Spring today. As much as I'd like to say I rode my bike there, we took the more comfortable route via the train. Nice ride, by the way. A lot less effort than the bike...

Mary took the photo at upper right (click on it for a larger version. I took the one below left, as we were waiting for the train home.

There's not a whole lot to do in Cold Spring, but we enjoyed ourselves on a nice, cool day outside the city, whiling away a few hours drinking hot chocolate in the town honky tonk, meandering through a handful of the village's seemingly dozens of antique shops, and strolling by this picturesque Episcopal church at bottom right. At bottom left is a sunset I captured from the moving train on the way home, somewhere south of Bear Mountain on the West side of the mighty Hudson River.

No comments: