Thursday, June 25, 2009

Familiar sites on morning commute

As I was pedaling to Central Park on 90th Street this morning, I saw Tim Gunn turning the corner north onto Broadway. He looks pretty much like this, at right, and like he does on Project Runway (which I've seen only because Mary and Rachel are big fans).

While I was riding in the park, I also saw some familiar names on the jersey of a fellow cyclist. If you look closely at the photo below, you'll see the name Bishop's Peak on the chest of a cycling jersey. That's the name of a winery in San Luis Obispo County, our former home. Oddly enough, the winery owners used the spelling not of the actual peak - named Bishop Peak - but of the misspelled Bishop's Peak Elementary School. The peak's name is without the apostrophe s. Oh well. I bet the wine is good.

No comments: