Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Last day in Paris

It's about 9:30 am, and Maxim is here in the apt. finishing the last work in the bathroom. I have a couple of errands to run today--to the post office and, once again, to a bank--and then plan to see a few more sights. This afternoon and evening I hope to see Rachel again, before I leave for home in the morning.

So ... was it worth cashing in all my miles to pay for this ticket? Absolutely. With all the banking procedures and things left to do in the apt., one of us had to be here in person. But now, things should hum along (with the occasional hiccup, I'm sure), and Jeff and I can get back to our regular routine in NYC.

I have to say, the news from home is scary: that the U.S. has been in a recession for a full year already is mind boggling, especially because it only seems to be getting worse.

That said, the U.S. always manages to rebound, and I am confident that we will.

Out I go ... the sky is a bit brighter here in Paris this morning, so I had better take advantage of it!

No comments: