Thursday, November 13, 2008

A lovely dinner



We had a beautiful dinner a couple of nights ago here in Paris. We were invited to the home of Laurence and Emmanuel Dousset. Laurence is the sister of Mary's colleague, Pierre. She and her husband made us a several course meal which, as you can tell by Jeff's position in the photo, also included some excellent, um, spirits! All of which were delicious, by the way--especially Armanac, which neither of us had tried before. We highly recommend it. And the food they served was amazing, including a rhubarb tarte, one of Mary's favorites. Merci beacoup, Laurence and Emmanuel.

One of Laurence's paintings--she is an artist--now makes its home in our apt. Here is a close-up view. It makes a lovely addition to the sleeping area. Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

jensawyer said...

Wow- tres jolie mes amis! (I have no idea how accurate that was, but I was trying to say "very pretty my friends" in my high school French. Considering that was a LONG time ago, I think I came pretty close!! I can't wait to book the Sawyer family Paris vacation- or maybe just the Jen Sawyer Paris vacation!! It looks wonderful...

Jeff and Mary said...

A Jen/Doug Paris vacation might be in order ;-)