Found this list, via CNN Money, of the top 10 least affordable U.S. cities (median household income vs. media home price):
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, CA
- Santa Ana-Anaheim-Irvine, CA
- Salinas, CA
- Merced, CA
- Santa Barbara-Santa Maria-Goleta, CA
- New York-White Plains-Wayne, NY-NJ
- San Francisco-San Mateo-Redwood City, CA
- Napa, CA
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA
- Modesto, CA
But there ARE other places to live, folks--where young people can actually fulfill a dream of owning their own home and saving for their kids' college funds.
And believe it or not, there are jobs elsewhere, too--some that even pay well!
I know NYC is on the list, too. But there are lots of suburb areas around here that are affordable, like Riverdale--where we'll be living in a few months!