Saturday, June 23, 2007

Getting better all the time

The more I ride, the better routes I find to the George Washington Bridge to easy my cycling commute to work. I wish I could do it every day, but I haven't managed to do it more than twice a week. Oh well, now that I'm past my illness - 3 bouts of cold or flu in the past month - I should be able to maintain some consistency. It takes a few minutes longer to get to the bridge - making it about 40 minutes and 10 miles from home - but the bike lanes and less traffic (and slower moving, too).

This morning's adventure is chronicled on my cycling blog, On the Rivet. I took a meandering course through space and time north from the bridge through Upper Manhattan. The photo is looking southeast along the Harlem River. That's the Bronx on the left.

Oh, Mary and Rachel went to see the ABT's production of "Romeo and Juliet" last night. I went to see the movie "Paris Je T'aime." All three of us had a great time and recommend the shows.

No comments: