Saturday, March 3, 2007

Back in the saddle

After dropping off the rental truck in Jersey City, I took a ride up River Road north of our new home. I learned a quick lesson - get out on the road earlier in the morning to avoid the steady stream of traffic. I'll try again closer to 7 a.m., rather than 10 a.m. The locals are late risers, however. Wimps, I believe the K-Man crew would call them. The bike shop guy in Soho told me the group ride for Gotham Bikes starts at 10 a.m. on Saturdays in Central Park. We'd be half way through our rides with K-Man by then.
Mary spent much of the day scraping valiantly at the oil-based paint applied years ago - foolhardily, as well - to the doors in this apartment with a view. We may have decided on some colors, too, but I'll let Mary explain that later when we've firmed them up. What we have decided upon is a smaller TV, LCD rather than plasma. Cheaper, darn fine picture anyway, so why spend the money and be overwhelmed in our small apartment?

No comments: