Sunday, February 18, 2007

Gas still off

We made it through the night OK. Thank God the weather wasn't like it was two weeks ago, as we would have been quite cold. It stayed in the 50s overnight - down to 66 in the house - so we lucked out. Today is overcast and low 60s, so it should be cooler tonight. We'll survive, for sure.
The buyer of our home did his final walk-thru this morning, and everything went well. His two kids, ages 9 and 7, are very excited about the pool.
It is rather odd sitting on our outdoor metal chairs in the living room that is virtually bereft of furniture. Forgotten the echo rooms have without furniture in them. Kind of eerie, having made this our home for the past nine years.
Last thing left to do is sell the car. Anyone interested in a 2004 Scion xB with only 31,000 miles? I'll make you a deal.
Yesterday was the last ride with the K-Man cycling club I've belonged to for nearly 3 years. I've made some life-long friends over that time, and banked some memories that will sustain me on the backroads of New Jersey and the bike lanes of New York City.
The weather was fabulous for mid-February, with temperatures soaring into the mid-70s. I even got a mild sunburn. The last two nights we've had fantastic dinners at Mike and Peggy's and Len and Katrin's. Although I had more wine the previous two nights than I have over the past few months, I will remember the evenings clearly for years to come. Great food and conversation and friends for life. Like the commercial for bad beer, it doesn't get any better than this.

No comments: